Why wait until January rolls around to make those much thought about changes? Autumn resolutions don’t require hats, noise makers, champagne or confetti. Autumn resolutions are more about authentic desires. What do you want more or less of in your life? Is it time for you to ‘turn over a new leaf’?
According to The Free Dictionary, the expression ‘turn over a new leaf’ conjures up thoughts of making a fresh start. The expression actually got its beginning in the early 1500’s when it alluded to turning the page of a book to a new page, a fresh clean page.
Currently the trees are beginning to show you just how beautiful turning over a new leaf can look. The trees are showing you just how beautiful letting go can be. Are you ready to turn over a new leaf and possibly let some things go? It can be letting go of the old to create space for the new. Are you holding on to things or feelings that no longer serve you? It’s like finding new lightness in your life.
Are you ready to simplify your life in order to find that new lightness? Let’s try.
* Create space for happiness. Let go of things that make you unhappy, like the jeans that don’t fit! You’ll make room for light and happiness.
* Call a timeout on busy days. Go for a walk, make a special lunch, call a friend, take a favorite class at Mindful Movements. Timeouts prevent burn out.
* Want less. Shift your attention from what you want to what you have. Use gratitude and presence to appreciate what is right in front of you.
* Stop shopping for a while. You can’t shop your way out of stress, unhappiness, or boredom. Do you have everything you need right now?
* Get outside. Go for a walk through the FALLING LEAVES. Getting outside and connecting with nature helps to SIMPLIFY, renew, and TURN OVER A NEW LEAF 🙂
Have a BE-YOU-tiful day!
blogged by N.H.